Dinner at Dine in Grand Hotel Sky City, First of all I would like to say: WHAT A TOTAL RIP OFF. Ok I'm normally not the sorta person who is really stinge with their money, but because I'm sorta broke at the moment I thought $50 dollars for a side and a main was totally not worth it, especially when the food wasn't exactly the best tasting food in the world. I've tasted better. It was basically food that you use for food fights. Everything was so overpriced that I had to ask if my sour cream costed money cause it didn't come with my meal I asked for it cause the potato tasted really bland. Luckily it didn't because I was totally prepared to give back the big saucer back with two swipes of sour cream taken off it. JOKES. Nah I would've just consumed the whole lot if it did cost me, even if i didn't have potatoes to dip it with!
Being an asian, and going to asian restaurants, I was expecting food to come out instantly, but no, they took hours to bring our things out, we spent about 2 hours there. I had to wait an hour for my food. Honestly, talk about lack of preparation, I don't know why they take hours to make your food at european restaurants. I went there hungry, prepared to get my food as soon as i got there, instead i sat there bored out of my brains and starving waiting. We got a dish complimentary by the chief, and to be honest it was one slice of beef the size of a coin before my meal. It wasn't fully cooked with some kinda sauce to go with it? It was food you feed a model. It makes me think that maybe they make their meals small proportion and overpriced for famous people. Where they need to look out for the figure and vomit it out when they get home that way it comes out in smaller chunks? NOTE TO MANAGER: NZ IS ONE OF THE TOP FEW COUNTRIES THAT DEAL WITH OBESITY. FEED US MORE!
And another thing! I'm very picky with my food, I don't eat a lot of things. Which was another problem when i got there cause the menu had things where I didn't like with my food like figs and brussle sprouts. I sat there playing with it while my cousin amy just turned to her boyfriend and gave him the whole chunk. Amazed that he actually took what she didn't want and sat their quietly. I asked if he was a picky eater, and he was like nope i eat anything! Amazed I thought to myself: Man i need a bf like that! but since i didn't I asked my other cousin if she wanted it, surprisingly enough she said no, so it just at on my plate, as the waiter took my dish he asked in concern if i enjoyed my meal, obviously not wanting to say No, I smiled and said "it was lovely."
As we were leaving, our bill was discounted with 10% because a friend worked there, which meant we had to figure out how much our meals cost cause of the 10% off, Some figured it out way faster then others, but basically 7 people paying took abt 15 minutes. The cashier specifically said we couldn't pay for our own meals cause of the 10%, but knowing us asians we still managed to find a way to pay our own by saying: okay I'm paying this much.. and he's paying this much... lolol which you could TELL he wasn't too happy about it. I tried to crack a joke to brighten his day and he just fully ignored it. I was thinking: "stink you aren't getting a tip then" Not that i was planning on giving one anyway. Basically I came out of the restaurant with a massive dent in my wallet. but it's okay.. HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANET.
lol! always a first time for everything hun!!! NOW U KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE TO DINE IN A FINE DINING...
ReplyDeletesorry that u felt that way. and glad u sorta had something to eat b4 hand... i knew it was goin to be a while lol... but that's cuz i'm use to it lol and u know how we asians just eat and gap it.. kiwis mostly like talk and drink and stuff so the time for them is good. but for us its like wtf why so slow u know??
oh well... we'll take u to a good fast one (but still expensive restaurant) (i got a few up my sleeves.... ) and dont worry i got the funds to help pay for ur meal!!! dont be too stingy!!!!
eat food to enjoy food!!! (or maybe u should be a food critic lol!!! )
(btw its ur lil cuz here)