Sunday, November 8, 2009

What's up with "like"???

Blogs are a great substitute for diaries. I really couldn't be bothered starting a diary not only becuz my mum would probably go snooping through my drawers n go reading through it if i had one but also the fact that I don't tend to stick to it. So since its holidays now, and I'm getting to an age where thoughts just go through my head randomly, blogs are a great way to go i guess.

This morning which i guess i should say yesterday because its 2 in the morning right now, but oh well Sunday 8 November at 10am i got waken up to go to some religious event in which my mum wanted to go to because she said would clear my head of dumb decisions. (cuz she's really against me going to AUT North Shore campus. Long story short: She's totally against it) Before i start my story I must tell you that my mum's religious meetings usually consist of old people/ parents that get together and talk about experiences and chant their prayers. When i was younger, i use to always go with my mum because all the other kids went, but now that i've hit my teenage years, no1 in their right mind rocks up wid their parents anymore. Except me, because my mum has this SHREK personality if you don't do what she says.

Anyways Half awake I rock outta bed slowly to kill time so we don't have to be there for too long n walked out in the most unflattering clothes thinking it was just another one of those meetings, when I get there I find that its an actual event! Like a whole hall of people sorta event! Already late to this event i sat down quickly at the corner and watched as a group of 20+ year old asian people dance to "Hey Mickey" with pom poms. Quiet entertaining to be honest. When they were done, two young kids (17-18 year olds) come out as the spokesperson for the day. One was some Emo looking white boy, and the other an indian girl, I was amazed to see that what once was a very asian religion has become such a multi-cultural one. Anyways back to the point, as they were talking, i sorta dozed off as usual but could hear "like" several times, I watched the girl talk and thought to myself "what is up with people saying LIKE in every sentence?" We've grown up in a era where "LIKE" is part of our vocabulary. I reckon it's hard to take that away from our vocab because LIKE substitutes for Umm or something? I mean, when we talk on MSN or FB or wateva, u never really use LIKE but when u have conversations with friends, i can garanttee you that LIKE comes up so much that it just doesnt go through ur mind when u try to comprehend what someone is saying. Keep watch for that!

Then the rest of my day went like every other day i guess, but one thing i realised as well was when I got home tonight and was listening to my music "Me, Myself and I" by beyonce came on, and i listened to the lyrics, now i know as emo as this sounds, i began to realise that what she says is quite true, well not the whole situation that she's picturing out to be like the whole boyfriend thing but more of:
"Me, myself and I is all i got in the end,
that's what i found out,
and it aint no need to cry,
i took a vow that from now,
on ima b my own best friend"
In the end, it really is down to just you and urself. How many times have we said: Friends Forever and actually are still best friends with that person? how many times have we said forever and it just doesnt turn out to be the way that you expected? I know that people do say: boys come and go, but friends will stay, but really.. do Friends really stay? I mean i get that friends stay longer than boyfriends, but honestly? Can you really say you will stay best friends with someone for the next 10 years or so? when we've reached a point in our lives where everyone is going in their own direction? I reckon the only people you can really trust or depend on r family. Family don't judge you and love you for who you are. Family never leaves. Maybe its just me on a down buzz. anyways I'm off!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jen!!
    Kool Blog yeah I got one too! Lmao
    Chack it out if you can !!
    http://opazlife.blogspot.com


    xx

    ReplyDelete