Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Movie Madness!!

Okay after my exams, I really havent had much to do since all my friends are all busy with work!! (Which reminds me, I really need a full timeish job) So yesterday I thought i'd go to Video Easy to take movies out to occupy me for the next few days. While walking through many aisles, i was looking for the more "Heart Touching" type of dvds, which unfortunately not so much new ones out. I managed to pull out "The Bucket List" after hearing that it is a pretty good movie and the actors are famous enough for it to be well known. Going through Alphabetical Order I went past "Riding Alone, For thousands of Miles" which i've always come past previous times before but never really took interest in it because it wasn't typical comedy/horror/drama movies i normally take out and it was a chinese story. I stood there looking at the cover and pictures at the back and it seemed like a very sad/touching movie so took that one out along with some Mandy Moore movie (I don't know why but i tend to hire movies that feature her) with the guy who was the little kid on Home Alone movie series. (once such a cute kid, but then good old drugs screwed him up)

Anyways later that day I got bored pretty quickly and randomly picked out a movie. "Riding alone, For thousand of Miles" was my first pick, it was quite confusing to be honest because the main character is Japanese and he went to china to film a performance for his son because his son was sick. So it was partly japanese and chinese. I put on the subtitles and kept watching it, it was basically about a father trying to fix his relationship with his son as well as another father who has never met his son. Trying to reunite the two he went through a lot of effort to find the young boy. He ended up at a small village in china. Looking at the situation that people who live in rural china, makes me appreciate the things i have here at home. Villages not only have to fend for their family but also the whole village. They all work together and share their food with the whole community. Like a big family x100. Poverty is such a big thing in small places in china that it is commonly forgotten because people just assume that Chinese people are so well off, but really they just work very hard for their money. I believe that with help from everyone around the world giving a little each week/month means that poverty will one day not exist. Which is why i think World Vision is such a worthy cause. I promise that when I'm off my stupid vodafone contract that World Vision has my contribution =) But long story short that movie moved me so much I had tears coming down my eyes by the end of it lol

This afternoon I again, had nothing to do. So my next choice was The Bucket List, The bucket list is pretty much a list of things the two men wanted to do before they kicked the bucket (basically means die) because they were dealing with cancer. It was just another movie which basically tried to say that you should value life and live everyday to the fullest. Aparently a survey that asked people if they would want to know when they would die and amazingly enough 96% said they rather not know. Only 4% said that they would want to know when they were going to die! 4% seems such a small number of people. Because I would want to know, so you know how much time u have and you can plan out what you want to do before you die! I wouldn't want to die regretting things that i never got to do! Which got me thinking to the Nickelback song (not sure what the song is called) but the video clip had like numbers on top of peoples heads which symbolised the amount of time they had to live. As the guy walked on the streets he saw all these numbers n didn't know what they standed for, till he saw an old lady being carried out of her apartment into an ambulance, need i carry on? lol If you really want to know what song it is, let me know, ill try find it for you :) But yea, I don't really get why people would rather not know then know. But it did teach me that i have to appreciate everything and everyone around me.

That's basically my past 2 days summed up in one blog , lol yes i realise that it's not a daily blog for the people who r constantly checking for an update. Sorry guys :) Hopefully that was entertaining enough for you guys lol Long story short: The Bucket List and Riding alone are pretty interesting movies, if you do get bored, go check them out =)

No comments:

Post a Comment